Sunday, April 10, 2011

Intanku Kesepian - Explanation Part 5

Engkau yang kudamba
Hilang tiba-tiba
You that I desire
Disappeared suddenly


Referral Post click here

'engkau yang' means 'you that..'. 'kudamba' is made up of two words: 'ku' which means 'I', and 'damba' which means 'desire'. So 'engkau yang kudamba' would mean 'you that I desire'.

'hilang' means 'lost', but in this context it means 'disappear'. 'tiba' on it's own means 'arrive', but 'tiba-tiba' would mean 'suddenly'. It would be good to know the relation between 'tiba' and 'tiba-tiba', and how a simple doubling of the word creates a totally different meaning. I wish I knew.

So if we put all the pieces of the puzzle together, 'engkau yang kudamba hilang tiba-tiba' would mean 'you that I desire disappeared suddenly'.

Photo credited to Heliosphere

No comments:

Post a Comment