Monday, May 16, 2011

Intanku Kesepian - Explanation Part 8

Akan ku tunggu
Takdir menentukan
Engkau dan aku
Kan bersua lagi
Will I wait
Destiny to determine
You and me
Will meet again


Referral Post click here


'akan' means 'will' as in future tense. 'ku' is a short form of 'aku' which means 'I'; and 'tunggu' means 'wait'. Putting them together we get 'will I wait'. This is a bit misleading as in English this sounds like a question. We should reorder the words: I will wait. This is what the sentence means.


'takdir' means 'fate' or 'destiny'; 'menentukan' is a verb meaning 'to determine'.


'engkau dan aku' is pretty straight forward, it means 'you and me'.


'kan' in the last verse, is a short form of 'akan'. 'bersua' means 'to meet'; and 'lagi' means 'more', but in this context it means 'again'.


So, we get: I will wait (for) fate to determine (that) you and me will meet again.


Photo credited to MindBodyGreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment